Dog Friendly Places To Go In The U.S.
Sick of playing with your dog in the backyard or around the house? Well here are five dog friendly places to go in the U.S., especially during summer, when you have to pay for boarding or for a dog watcher to go on a trip. Not to mention, it can also be difficult to make sure that you are leaving them in safe hands.
So why make your dog stay at home? There are many dog friendly vacation spots all over America, including some very unique dog friendly fun locations that you may not have heard about.
1. Moss Beach Distillery in Moss Beach California
First on the list of dog friendly places to go is Moss Beach Distillery on the coast of California. This one of a kind restaurant features coastal cuisine and a dog-friendly patio for you and your pooch to enjoy the view! It has beautiful landscaping and fire pits to get warm by while enjoying your food. It even has a whole page menu just for your dog.
To top things off, they have a cutest dog photo contest every year with the winners receiving a gift certificate to the restaurant.
Seal Cove Patio
Dubbed “Seal Cove Patio” you may spot a seal or a whale swimming in the Pacific down below. The cozy patio looks over the Fitzgerald Marine Reserve, a hot spot for marine life and amazing sunsets.
- Grilled Hot Dog
- Two Mini Burger Patties
- Grilled Chicken Breast
- Bacon Slices
- Good Dog Skirt Steak
- Scrambled Eggs
- Bowl of Kibble
All of their food is made dog safe. Your dog can enjoy sitting by a fire and eating food they will love. On the doggie patio there are also dog beds and bowls to make your furry friend feel right at home.
- Do not bring your dog inside the actual restaurant. There is a dog side entrance outside.
- Dogs must be leashed and under control. If your dog is in any way aggressive they can’t come.
- If you or your dog misbehaves you both will be asked to leave.
Reservations are strongly recommended if you plan on making a trip to this fabulous location!
2. Point Isabel Regional Shoreline Dog Park in Richmond California
The second destination on our list of dog friendly places to go is Point Isabel Regional Shoreline Dog Park. This dog park is the biggest in the US. It has over 50 acres of land for your dog to explore. Its alongside the official San Francisco Bay water trail.
This is a great place to go on a nice sunny day. You will get much exercise from visiting this park with your doggie. There are so many fun things to do. Here are some of the park’s amenities!
Mudpuppy’s Tub and Scrub-
This place is a wash station for your pooch if they get real muddy. You can wash your dog yourself or get a full service to do it. It’s also a retail shop facility. You can buy treats, toys, and supplies here.
Sit and Stay Cafe-
The Sit and Stay Cafe is a dog friendly place where you can get a quick bite to eat. It’s also right next door to the Mudpuppy’s Tub and Scrub. Some things they have there are sandwiches, coffee, pastries, soups, smoothies, cookies, ice cream, and their famous Road House Chili.
- Bird watching
- Bay fishing – must have license
- Jogging/Running trails
- Bike riding
- Kite flying
- Kite surfing
Your dog may be off leash in Pt. Isabel Regional Shoreline but there are still some rules to keep them safe.
- Your dog must be leashed on streets and in parking lots.
- You must carry a leash. (six foot max)
- Quickly leash your dog if showing any aggression to another dog or animal.
- Always make sure your dog in in sight and is under voice control.
- Clean up after your dog, use the designated containers and trash cans.
- Make sure to keep your dog from damaging any park resources.
3. K9 Cinemas in Plano Texas
Coming in at third on the list of dog friendly places to go with your dog is K9 Cinemas. Do you love movies and dogs? Then take your canine friend to this dog friendly movie theater. The first one made in America. This is a great spot to go on a chill day. You and your dog will enjoy cuddling together while watching a movie.
It’s $15 for a movie ticket. It includes 1 human, two dogs, and free soft drinks. You also get free wine and pizza with that. You can also buy dog treats before the show
- Featured couches to give you and your dog more room. Get there early for a nice spot. They are in high demand.
- Surprise showings make things spontaneous and exciting for you and your dog.
- Old doggie classics from the past. They also are not going to be new movies. They will be old ones mostly based on dogs.
Overall it’s a friendly cute place to try out with your dog to spend some time together.
4. Jupiter Off Leash Dog Beach in Jupiter Florida
Number four on the list of dog friendly places to visit is Jupiter Off Leash Dog Beach. This is a popular dog beach in Florida where you and your dog can enjoy a hot sunny day. This dog beach stretches two and a half miles and features clear blue water and soft sand for you and your canine friend to play in.
Of course there has to be rules to having tons of dogs running around. Jupiter beach wishes to keep every dog safe and have an enjoyable time. To do that you must follow these rules.
- When you bring your dog to this beach they must be behaved and obedient. They should come when they are called and be trained to not run off. Also they can’t visit here if they have any sort of dog aggression.
- Keep an eye on your dog. This is very important. And make sure to stay within the dog beach boundaries.
- When your dog is taken off the dog beach you must obey the town’s rule of having your dog on a leash. That means when your leaving the parking lot or coming to the parking lot they should be leashed. It is also good to keep your dog leashed when you’re around small children.
- Think about the other people’s space. Some people at the beach may not want your dog coming up to them.
- And of course clean up after your dog. There are dog waste bags available around the beach.
Other Thing To Know:
You want to assure your dogs health and safety while having a fun day at the beach. So here are some things to make sure of.
- Don’t let your dog overheat. Have a shady spot to take breaks in.
- Keep a fresh bowl of water with you. This is very important. You don’t want your dog drinking the salt water as it dehydrates them more.
- If your dog is short hair this is important. Dogs with this hair length can get sunburned. Especially is they are white. Give your dog sunblock on their ears and nose 30 minutes before going out.
- If it’s too hot for you it’s too hot for them. Avoid exposure of hot asphalt and sand to your dogs paw pads.
- Too much salt in your dogs coat damages it so make sure to rinse them off in fresh water after a swim.
- Most dogs do love water while some don’t. Making sure they are able to swim is a huge thing to know before taking them to the beach. If they can’t swim they could drown when out of your sight.
- Don’t let your dog swim too much. They might just overdo it.
5. D Pet Hotels Collection
Number five on the list of dog friendly places to go is D Pet Hotels. Their exclusive Hotels are not just a boarding place to take your dog when your out of town. They are more like a luxury vacation for your pup. These hotels are top of the line. The services they offer are boarding, daycare, grooming, training, D-chauffeur, D-boutique.
D Pet Hotels have five different locations so services can differ. Check out the website for D Pet Hotels Collection to get the exact information for the hotel you are visiting. The Hollywood location is pictured above.
The boarding at this place is amazing. With a five star rating this modern pet hotel is nothing like some dog kennel. They have three different suite options.
The cheapest suite is the Standard Suite, it contains a comfy Kuranda dog bed and a flat screen TV. The next best suite is the Sensational Suite. This is definitely a huge step up. It features a twin bed and modern hotel decor along with a 32′ flat screen TV. The best suite you can get is the Uber Suite or Capital Suite. This suite also has modern decor with a 42′ flat screen TV. This room features a queen bed. Your dog will certainly be in doggy heaven.
Your dog will have the best time at doggie day care. With top of the line staff, each hotel contains large dog play rooms that are separated in dog sizes. Some of the five hotels have agility courses your dog can do.
The play rooms have state-of-the-art conditioning to clean the air about every ten minutes. They have plenty of staff to interact, play, and keep the dogs safe at all times. Relaxing music plays through out the hotel to keep the guest stress free and completely relaxed. The hotels are also cleaned constantly with high-end veterinary hospital cleaner.
Along with the other five star services, the grooming care is very professional. Some things you can get done here include anesthesia free teeth cleaning, rejuvenating massages, vitamin baths, pawdicures, body wraps, aromatherapy, all while playing calming downtempo music. This is overall the ultimate treatment.
The training company that works at D Pet Hotels is Bad Dog Good Dog. These trainers can help you form a better bond with your dog or solve any big training problems you might have with your dog.
This pick up and drop off service is super convenient when your too busy to drive your dog to the hotels. They try to make it nothing but the best. They offer luxurious car selections including Ferrari, Lamborghini Gallardo, Bentley, Rolls Royce or Porsche.
The D Pet Hotel Boutiques have nothing but the best like all of its products and services. The collars, beds, leashes, and doggy carriers are made from some of the finest materials. They have all organic foods and treats, along with spa products and more essentials. You can also have your own custom photo shoot of your dog done here!
I hope you enjoyed this list of five Dog Friendly Places To Go In The U.S. Traveling across America with your dog is a great way to bond with your animal and create some memories along the way.
Plan a trip with your dog and use this list to help plan your route. This list is only the tip of the iceberg. The United States and the World are full of neat and exciting places to take your pup!
Just make sure to make a checklist for your trip and prepare for any unseen circumstances that may arise. You never know what your dog is going to get into.
If you are planning on visiting a location with dangerous wildlife, make sure you know some “Dog Hiking Tips To Protect Your Dog From Predators.”
Stay tuned for more Dog Friendly Places To Go!
More travel and vacation articles will be coming soon but in the mean time check out some of our other exciting posts. We update weekly with fresh new content for all things German Shepherds and other Shepherd Breeds!
Please leave a comment below and let us know of your favorite Dog Friendly Places To Go!
Thanks for visiting!